Clown

I had been drawn into a dark circus of a world; a world where high-wired voices had giggled so delicately, over nothing.

This is the spirit of the circus, they had voiced with curled lips, and it’s about laughing over fake flowers, to entertain the curious.

Summers had slipped, and my laughs had burned out like old rings of fire. The mouths of jugglers had wheezed at my woeful face.

A circus is no place for a sad heart, they’d chorused.

©2014.alittlebirdtweets

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 thoughts on “Clown

1. Seb says:

The tears of a clown…. excellent….

2. I’ve always been fascinated and drawn to circus and clown metaphors. That’s one creepy picture — did you draw that?

• Me too Helena! This story was triggered by Emile Sande’s song title ‘Clown’ – though the image led me down a different story path. I didn’t draw the image – but loved it at first glance 🙂

3. mramgemini6 says:

“Laughing over fake flowers”…I like that.

— M

4. ericcantu says:

And with with I’ve realized I need to follow you 😉

5. mihrank says:

brilliant and fascinating!

6. namelessneed says:

” it’s about laughing over fake flowers, to entertain the curious.” is my favorite spot here/It encourages me to think of writing, blogging,the forever search for capital B Beauty,( however it shows some)
    actually, my raison d’etre
    (big Charlie Brown sigh goes here)

• Thank you so much. I am glad this line has inspired you. When writing this, I wanted the character to reflect on a regular well-known act he undertakes on stage – that is both fresh for us, but feels tiresome for the character. Thank you so much for your lovely comment x

7. gspottedpen says:

The imagery id so visually stunning and makes me amazed by seeing a photo. Anand Bose from Kerala.

8. Anand Bose says:

I love the way your personal feelings are juxtaposed, the angst with the mirth of the circus. Anand Bose from Kerala