Fluttering

May your golden wings fall from the sky,
Shatter into fragments,
At my feet.

May your fingers twist my wounds,
Prompt my arms to flail like an
Inquisitive insect.

May you whisper timeless lyrics,
Mutate them,
Into significance.

May the last nine strums of your mandolin play.

@alittlebirdtweets2016

26 thoughts on “Fluttering

1. EDC Writing says:

It’s been a long time…so worth the wait to read your words again…all so good…third verse I’m so jealous of…simply pure brilliance.

• Thank you so much. Sometimes a wave of inspiration hits and I find myself writing, as I did here. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, it’s very much appreciated. Best Wishes 🙂

2. mhembroff says:

That was a sweet little poem.

3. Anand Bose says:

Surreal, psychic, a phantasmagoria done with the finesse of the pen. Reading you is a real pleasure. Anand Bose from Kerala

4. InfiniteZip says:

beautiful read, thank you. peace, K

5. Zanterr says:

Love the imagery and melancholy atmosphere of this poem 🙂

6. Grandtrines says:

Reblogged this on Still Another Writer's Blog.

7. mikemadigan says:

Love the post!! Thanks for all the love toward my blog!! Talk soon… -Mike

8. Disha says:

Intense imagery and excellent poem. Loved it 👍

Lovely poem, Donna. The imagery is just beautiful. 🙂

10. I really like the line ‘prompt my arms to flail’.

theunspokeninus

The Emotions That Hide From The World

jyotithelight

I write what I feel. I write the truth I feel and see.

A-TECH BLOG

A-TECH TECHNOLOGIES AND HIGH IT TECH BLOG

Jina S. Bazzar

authors inspirations

Expect The Exceptional

Business Practices, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Business Ethics, Company Culture and Project Management

nasvila.com

getDtrick

JIOZONE

A HINDI TECH BLOG

The Purple Stain

May we see both the beauty and the truth

POETRY PASSION

A PLACE FOR PROFESSIONAL & PASSIONATE POETS

Berbagi Ilmu Agama Islam

www.bamwi.wordpress.com

FAUZI PRESIDENT HAMIKU

Invite Rizky FAUZI as Speaker - 08986800220 (Chat WA) | SUPPORT HAMIKU SUCCESS with SHARE IT | Setelah DIBACA timbal baliknya harus di-SHARE soalnya gak gratis... - RIZKY FAUZI

~ dreams to remember ~

Willie Gordon Suting | poet | writer | freelancer | bibliophile | crooner | fashionista | Shillong,Meghalaya,Northeast India

betweencommas

Urban writting

UptightPrettyGirl

Lifestyle and Fun

Candles Online

An Initiation To Motivate, Ignite, Build and Transform Lives

river9599

Everything I write is something I personally experienced, or observed up close. Strong language & drug violence referenced

Be Blogger (Official)

Writing is all about finding the courage to write. And courage is all about realizing that some things are more important than fear.

Awesomengers

Think हटK , Be AWESOME !!!

Poeta da Garrafa

Este sítio expõem a palavra, a imagem, a voz da minha poesia. Foto: Odilon Machado de Lourenço.

When The Whippoorwills Sing