Wildfire

If you were stood here watching my eyes, you would see a reflection of what I see before me,

Of smoking clouds punching at the forever seas, crashing waves to starry heights.

You see, there is an alluding mystery that pins me to this place,

Like a song playing on loop,
Tangled hair buffering in the breeze.
There is certainty in memories repeated.

If you were here, you’d hear me humming your biker name,
Stood in clad leather, a girl in the gang, your girl called,

Wildfire.

And I know that you’d know, that they are red thread highways, carved away over time,

by my desert love.

@alittlebirdtweets2015

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

50 thoughts on “Wildfire

1. Dharmesh says:

Sometimes your night in the armour is the geek in cheap sunglasses and dirty leather. Love matters.
    Beautiful!

2. Dharmesh says:

Sorry it’s Knight not night.

3. I loved the way you started it and then ended it so brilliantly. Beautiful piece of writing !

4. DearLife says:

Reblogged this on makeyourvoicesmatter and commented:
    Its been a long time since I last heard from you..but your words never fail to inspire me.Keep inspiring!!!

5. Karin says:

This was so worth waiting for! Beautiful piece ❤

6. Beautiful words. Deep and thoughtful.

7. JC says:

Such beautiful writing!

Lovely, evocative descriptions in this short piece, Donna. I really love the second line. Very well written.

• Thank you dearest Millie. You’re thoughts and words are always appreciated and valued. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

• milliethom says:

I was surprised to see that your post was a lovely piece of your own writing, Donna. I was expecting a book review when I clicked on. You write really well. Have a nice weekend, too. 🙂

• Haha, yes I have been going a little crazy with the book reviews of late. It was time to post some of my flash fiction and poetry again as I haven’t done so in a while. I think it could be this gorgeous encouraging weather inspiring me 🙂

• milliethom says:

I hope you write some more ff. I’d love to do more but I can’t spare the time right now. I find it really addictive, so I’m going to have to distance myself from it for a while. If I look at a prompt my brain clicks into gear and I have to write something. Best not to look at all! Have a great Friday evening, Donna, whatever you’re doing. 🙂

• Thanks Millie. That’s so good that you become instantly inspired by a prompt. It doesn’t work as instantly for me, and sometimes I have to dwell over a piece for a long while before it becomes what I want it to be. I love those days it happens instantly but they are rare. Have a great Friday evening too 🙂

9. Stephen Thom says:

thought this was v effective, had a passion, spark and internal urge amongst images projected in original ways, particularly appreciated ‘smoking clouds punching at the forever seas’ and the wonderful ‘You would tune into the fine red threads that pass over my eyeballs like road maps.’ great work 🙂

• Hi Stephen. Thanks so much for your comment, it’s much appreciated. I think those two lines emerged during my commute to work – free-writing on my phone 🙂 I like to work in Dylan Thomas style, jumbling words and sentences until they sound right. Have a great day 🙂

10. Paul Beech says:

Yes, strange it is, the way a place where we’ve been happy in love ever-afterwards seems to carry an imprint of that happiness, a sort of radiance or tingle in the air, a good vibe. I like your poem, Donna. You’ve really captured something here. I find it a poem that touches deeply.

Paul

• A place can hold so many feelings – like re-visiting an old home or school. I think new memories can also be triggered by coming back to a place 🙂 Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my poem, I truly appreciate it 🙂

11. Aquileana says:

Excellent reading!… All my best wishes, Aquileana 😀

12. alexraphael says:

Fine red threads 🙂 Love it!

13. You are a really awesome writer. 🙂 Love it.

14. Reblogged this on ace and commented:
    love this poem,just had to reblog it.

15. other have commented what I am about to say, your piece is beautiful, it truly is. I read it a couple of times because I liked the imagery.

16. marrawrites says:

This is beautifully written!

17. Oh Hello Rain says:

LOVE this x

18. just came across this now and i have to say its captivating. you have such true talent and your words make your readers feel every inch of emotion intended. it would mean a lot if you stopped by my blog!

19. serenitynay says:

If I could love this a million times, I would. Alas, I can only click “Like” so many times. And it would look like I was liking and unliking your post over and over and over again. Sadface.