It’s all happening…

Hello Readers,

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog, and this has been due to two very big reasons. Firstly, me and my fiance are expecting our first baby in November, and secondly, we are also due to move into a new house in the next few months (fingers crossed!). Two big life-changing events running in parallel. As you can imagine, life has become very busy with mountains of organising, paperwork and to-do lists! My head sometimes floats from one idea to the other, like a game of tennis.

Although my writing has been slack, I have been fortunate to find the time to keep up with my reading – which has been my welcome escape route when I have needed to switch off from all that has been going on. I read mostly on my London Underground commutes to work, and I get a good number of pages in over that hour and ten minutes each way. I am currently reading ‘The Skeleton Cupboard’ by Tanya Byron, which is an absolutely amazing read. Tanya recounts her life as a trainee psychologist during some short stories – which are all about her meeting and treating patients with psychological problems. Although they are recounts, obviously some of the facts had to be fictionalized due to patient confidentiality. The stories are very moving, even chilling at times, and if you love psychology then this is a must-read.

I am also reading a couple of baby books. One which takes you through the stages of pregnancy. And another called ‘Baby Sense’ by Megan Faure and Ann Richardson, which is particulary interesting as it delves into the world of baby senses and how they connect with the world around them. I have also been glancing through a baby names book. I am thinking that these reads will definitely benefit my writing with regards to character development and creation. The baby psychology that I have already learned could be very useful material should I ever find myself creating baby characters – a world I haven’t yet delved into! The baby names book is also guaranteed to provide me with endless inspiration in character naming too. The book gives a brief definition against the name which is always intriguing to read. As writers, we certainly know the importance of choosing a meaningful name for a chatacter in fiction.

I am hoping to get a new written piece of fiction on my blog in the next few days. The new worlds and new inspirations that I have encountered in the past few months can only but colour my writing (I hope!).

I will still be visiting all of your wonderful blogs too, now and forever. I promise.

Until next time, happy reading and writing my dear WordPress friends.

Best Wishes,

Donna

80 thoughts on “It’s all happening…

1. loakhoji says:

Congratulations on the baby! ❀

2. JC says:

Congratulations…

3. MarinaSofia says:

Congratulations, lots of changes at once – as so often happens! Don’t feel bad about not writing – sometimes living is more important for a while.

• Marina, thanks so much for the congratulations and for the supportive words, it’s so very appreciated. Sometimes I feel guilty about slacking on my writing so your words help πŸ™‚

4. Clive says:

Many congratulations on your baby. I hope everything goes well for you – so much is happening! Exciting times for you 😊

5. Green Onion says:

Congratulations, little future readers are the best!

6. Visakha says:

Congratulations and good luck, Donna! πŸ™‚

7. Congratulations. Aw the excitement of that first baby and new home are wonderful.Reading can be a wonderful escape and also an inspiration for future writing.

8. mhembroff says:

Congratulations. What wonderful news.

9. Wish you best of luck for the wonderful future that awaits. Your writings continue to wonder us. Also thanks for what’s going on with your life amidst all the possessions πŸ™‚

10. congratulations of your new baby and your new house. May your child fill you with moments of great joy.

11. Congrats! Great news which takes me back a few years…

12. jack c. preston says:

Congratulations

13. draliman says:

Exciting times πŸ™‚

14. Nik says:

Wonderful news! Stressful times but exciting also. Enjoy every moment – my babies have suddenly got to 6 and 3 in the time it took me to blink…

Best of luck and many congratulations!

• Many Thanks, Nik πŸ™‚ Yes I think there will be some stressful and exciting times ahead. I’m going to try to get in a routine as quick as possible! I’m hoping that if I am awake in the early hours feeding that it might be a good time also for writing inspiration (just like when the rock stars tend to write their lyrics hehe). Best wishes to you and your family.

15. EDC Writing says:

What a wonderful post to find late on a Wednesday evening … it’s always a pleasure to see you here and with such exciting news. My best wishes to you and your fiance and the life you carry.

16. Congratulations, that’s exciting. Balancing writing with motherhood can be challenging, but I’ve found I’m actually writing more since my daughter was born 7 years ago. Probably because I don’t have as much time as before, so I don’t fart around when I do have it, and get something down. Good luck on your move, as well.

• Thanks so much, Tina. Yes I can imagine it will be very challenging. a
      I like the method you use, and I think I will reach for the pen when I have a spare ten minutes here and there. I can imagine limited time can have a positive effect to just get writing πŸ™‚ I’m glad you hear you are a mother and still writing, it’s very encouraging. Best Wishes to you and your daughter and your blog πŸ™‚

17. Susi Lovell says:

What an exciting time you’re going through! I hope you have a very happy time with the baby and that all goes smoothly with the new house and move. Wishing you much joy!

• Thank you so much for your kind words, Susi, so kind πŸ™‚ Yes exciting times ahead and I hope I can pull some inspiration in from the experiences to add to my writing. Best Wishes to you. I hope you are having a creative year πŸ™‚ Donna

18. Gypsy Bev says:

After life settles down, you will have many interesting experiences to include in your writing. Best of luck!

19. Congratulations! And best wishes for all the exciting times ahead!

20. r_prab says:

Congratulations Donna πŸ™‚ What a wonderful news πŸ™‚ Hearty wishes for your preparations πŸ™‚

21. Sonya says:

Congratulations πŸ™‚

22. Donna, I think you are experiencing a wonderful life. I’ve been away from blogging for a long time due to my own life changes. I always enjoy reading your blog posts. Many challenges lie ahead of you … best of luck for the future πŸ™‚

• Thank you for your lovely comment, Michelle. Yes sometimes blogging has to take a back seat, but it is lovely to know that so many people here are so supportive and encouraging. I hope you are well,. Best wishes too…as always I look forward to reading your work too.:)

Definitely two life-changing events, which I’m sure you’ll sail through perfectly. Many congratulations on the coming baby. One of mine was born in November. I hope you’ll have moved and settled in before November arrives, though. Reading is very therapeutic, and I’m sure you’ll pick up excellent advice and useful information from the baby books. Most pregnant mums tend to read at least one of those. Lovely to hear how things are progressing for you. Take care. πŸ™‚

• Hi Millie. Thanks so much for the congratulations πŸ™‚ We are hoping to get into the house before the baby is born…it would be nice to be able to do the nursery beforehand too. We are planning to put up some bookshelves for the baby…can’t start early enough πŸ™‚ I hope all is well with you…and you are having a good year with your blog and writing πŸ™‚ Lovely to hear from you and thanks so much again. Best Wishes and take care too πŸ™‚

24. Congratulations! And thanks for visiting my blog too.
    I found that while awake in the small hours breastfeeding, I got a lot of reading done on the kindle, which was easier than reading a paper book as easier to turn pages with one hand! And mine has a little light so you can still be in semi-darkness. You also need to master one-handed eating as they always seem to wake up just as you are trying to eat your dinner! Good luck πŸ™‚

• Thank you for the congratulations, Rebecca πŸ™‚ The Kindle sounds perfect for the baby feeding hours…I hadn’t thought about the difficulty of turning pages and the need for lights with normal books, so I may have to go and buy one! Thank you for the amazing tip. Best Wishes πŸ™‚

25. Congrats and hope all goes well for you! πŸ™‚ β™₯ ❀

26. Congratulations on your new steps of the journey of life. I just had my first baby last week!

27. Wow!! Congrats! Best wishes for your happy future!

28. monicamorley says:

Wonderful, a new home and new life, both life changing and enhancing events. Both will be challenging but so so worthwhile! Looking forward to reading more x

29. gnovember says:

Congrats on both changes!

30. leenasbooks says:

Big changes ahead of you, but wonderful ones πŸ™‚ Now remember to rest too! And write when you have time.

31. Coming from Huntsville, Alabama, the “London Underground” sounds so exciting! I also have a baby-naming book that I kept from when I was naming our baby years ago. It’s on my reference shelf along w Roget’s, Elements of Style, and my other go-to books that I use when writing.

BTW, thanks for visiting me at thewritesteph!

• I have never visited the states but would love to some day πŸ™‚ I also have the elements if style book…it’s a great little reference guide πŸ™‚ Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to write. Have a wonderful weekend. I shall look forward to reading more of your work. Best Wishes.

32. Asahela says: